Intro Blog

 Hello, I'm Nicholas Arnold and I'm a senior in my second year of Media Studies. Since we are now fully back to school this year, this class will be vastly different in more ways than just its curriculum. There are now much less restrictions when it comes to the filmmaking process. One example is location. I can now film not only at school, but in more public areas without having to wear a mask. This will make meeting up with group members much easier. I also plan to work with a higher amount of group members this year, as we will be able to meet up much easier. There will hopefully be much less of a workload for our group with more members. Our planning period might be more difficult, however. This would be because it will be harder to agree on the same vision for a story. I hope to expand on our ideas and skillset with the projects this year, with these longer films that we are tasked to make. I'm excited to work on a longer film, particularly because of how much more story we can pack in. In the previous project, there was around 5 minutes of footage that eventually got cut down to 2 minutes. There was a lot of content that I would've rather kept in that had to be inevitably scrapped for the final release. While I don't expect this to change completely, I think it will be beneficial to have a longer runtime. It might require more editing, but that will be manageable. I quite enjoy editing, and I've had fun editing every previous project. I've quite mastered OpenShot, which is a pretty simple platform to be fair. Since I've finished AS level, I've made quite a few videos using OpenShot and gotten a lot of practice in outside of schoolwork. Overall, I am ready for a fun and eventful year.

Following up on my intro blog from last year, here is a gif that I particularly love.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Filming: First Scene

Intro & Group Blog: Final Task

Creative Critical Reflection