Editing Blog: Voiceover and Footage Combined

 I made the voiceover script and recorded it after the footage was filmed. I researched a real commercial of this type to get most of the dialogue. I did this to make sure that the facts were correct. 

 If you or a loved one experience mild to severe migraine you may be eligible for Aimovig, a preventive treatment for migraine in adults. One dose, once a month has been proven to reduce the number of migraine days monthly, for some that number can be cut in half or more. The most common side effects are pain, redness or swelling at the injection site, and constipation. Talk to your doctor about preventing migraine with Aimovig.

To start the editing, I dumped the video files and removed all their audio. The only audio I was going to use was from the voice over and the background music. It took a while to cut the 1:10 seconds of footage down to just 30 seconds, and I experimented with the clips I wanted to use from each shot. I ended up using 5 of my 6 recordings and edited in two separate logo screens: one for the first mention of the product and one for the last 3 seconds of the commercial. Most of the editing I did involved cuts and transitions, but I did remove the color saturation in the first clip. This made it more effective at portraying its negative imagery. The cuts I used were just integrating the small clip I wanted to use and making sure that each one was running for enough time but also not taking more than 30 seconds. I think something I could've done better on was the pacing. With the footage I had and the amount of clips I wanted, it was difficult to transition to new clips along with the voiceover, and the pace of the commercial felt a little off. I felt limited by the editing software's transitions, and I hope to discover better ones as I felt like I had to use the fade out for every single one. It looks fine in my opinion but there was no way I would find a unique transition for each one, so this is what I had to do. Overall, I am happy with the final production, and there were definitely things going in that I thought I wouldn't be able to do that I ended up doing. I also had a lot of fun editing and cannot wait to do more.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Filming: First Scene

Intro & Group Blog: Final Task

Creative Critical Reflection